AODScope allows just one click Ultrafast Imaging mode to ultrastable and high rep rate multi-Point Of Interests (100kPOIs/s).
Proprietary acousto-optic scanner (precision, speed and quietness) opens new capabilities :
- ultrafast multi ROIs (Region Of Interests)
- multi-POIs up to 100kHz/POI
- ULOVE In Vivo mode (Ultrafast LOcal Volume Excitation for In Vivo
Fast AOD scanning mode (patented) has key advantages over resonant galvanometric scanning
- Ultra high Scanning speed up to 100ns/pixel
- Uniform scanning speed
- Ultra high position reproductibility (<10nm)
AODs are fast pointers but also fast scanners (patented) which can surpass resonant galvanometric mirrors, while remaining completely silent. The inertia-free angular scanning yields utmost linearity, tunability and repeatability, as compared to the sinusoidal scanning behavior of resonant galvos.
- Freely adjustable speed, up to 10klines/s (100ns/pixel → ∞/pixel ) : optimize signal/speed tradeoff for each experiment
- Linear scanning over the whole field of view yields a constant dwell time for all pixels, avoiding photodamage and inhomogeneity
- Silent scanning does not interfere with your behavioural experiments
- Resonant galvanometric mirrors can only address a set of adjacent lines of the same size and in the same Z-plane, limiting your experimental capabilities. Our AOD system can scan seamlessly multiple ROIs at resonant speed as well as multiple Z planes. Flight time between any ROIs or Z-planes is 10 µs
- Freely selectable ROIs from a single image or a stack :optimize your dwell time or your frame rate …….or both
- Multi ROIs even at maximum speed
- Multi-planes imaging at different Z with no moving parts
Why scan a whole image when you can point to your cells of interest and spend all the frame time collecting useful signal? Record from 300 cells at 300 Hz and resolve fluorescence transients temporally whit enhanced signal to noise ratio. This can be done seamlessly from an image either manually or through automatic object recognition.
- Freely selectable POIs up to 100kHz/POI : gain access to optical recordings with electrophysiology-like resolution
- <10nm pointing accuracy and repeatability. AODs contain no moving parts and will always point where you ask to
- Our automatic inter episodic 3D stabilization gives you <100 nm stability over tens of minutes for chronic monitoring (plasticity protocols, synaptic integration protocols)
We have recently demonstrated that AODs can be used as wavefront shapers. By generating chirped patterns of acoustic frequencies, light can be deflected to different directions at each point of the laser beam profile, distorting the wavefront in the desired way. Wavefront shaping opens a new realm of capabilities, from defocalisation to holographic patterning. Acousto-optic wavefront shaping combines the best of three worlds: Random Access, Fast local 3D scanning and holographic patterning to perform Ultrafast Local Volume Excitation. U gonna LOVE it.
- Select from a custom set of scanned volumes
- 20kHz/Volume Of Interest (VOI)
- Holographic multiplexed scanning to further increase the spatial coverage and fluorescence yield